Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
There are definitely a few foods/meals/snacks that I associate with my childhood and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins were and are still a staple in my diet.
They are beyond simple to make. Basically throw everything into a bowl and mix. They are hearty enough to keep you full. The occasional chocolate chip will soothe your sweet tooth. And they freeze well. 99% of the time I double this recipe just to have extras to freeze.
Pumpkin is basically the official flavor of Autumn and let’s be honest, chocolate is one of the greatest flavors around so why not use both of them together. The pie mix is already filled with tons of rich spices which pair perfectly with the creamy chocolate chips.
Using gluten-free flour does tend to make the the muffins slightly more dense than the regular flour version. Both are still delicious!
Also did I mention this recipe makes awesome mini muffins as well if you just want a bite-size snack on hand. Do it!
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
Makes: 3 Dozen
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cooking oil
- 14 oz can pumpkin pie mix
- 3 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups dairy-free chocolate chips, based on preference
- Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line or oil large muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs slightly.
- Add sugar, oil and pumpkin pie mix, mixing until well combined.
- Sift dry ingredients into creamed mixture and blending well.
- Then stir in chocolate chips and distribute mixture evenly between muffin tins.
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted to center comes out clean.