Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Coffee-Balsamic Chicken
Another day, another coffee recipe!
We’re a family who loves, and I mean L-O-V-E-S sauce. We love dipping things in sauce, spooning sauce over things, heck I’m pretty sure my fiancé and his brothers used to straight up drink the sauce from their favorite Japanese restaurant. And the marinade-turned-sauce in this dish was no different!
The coffee seasoning brings a rustic note to this sweet brown sugar, fruity balsamic marinade base. Coffee and balsamic vinegar are both such rich, well-rounded flavors that when combined with the savory chicken produce an amazingly juicy on the inside, slightly crispy on the outside, aromatic main meal. Dang, it was seriously good eats!
Perfect over noodles, potatoes, rice and I’m sure about 30 more things. This is one thing I would definitely make again, and since I have some extra Espresso Coffee Seasoning Rub it will probably be sooner than later. :)
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRYY-FREE COFFEE-BALSAMIC CHICKEN
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp coffee-seasoning rub (We love using Private Selection Espresso Coffee Seasoning Rub.)
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 scallions, sliced in 1-inch pieces
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Whisk together water, juice, spice, vinegar and, brown sugar until combined.
- Add chicken, cover, and marinate in fridge for 2-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving the liquid.
- Using paper towels, pat the chicken dry.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, browning the chicken on both sides and cooking through, roughly 4-6 minutes per side.
- Turn down the heat to low, set the chicken aside, and pour the reserved marinade into skillet.
- Simmer 10-25 minutes until marinade is thickens.
- Return chicken to the skillet and stir in scallions. Cook an additional 2 minutes and serve immediately. Drizzle with lemon juice.