From what I have heard from friends and read online about the Keto Diet, many followers crave sweets + I hear them. I love something sweet and I am no stranger to dietary restrictions.
One of my go-to baking tricks is adding frostings or glazes. Not every baked good needs it, but when you want to add more sweetness (or occasionally cover up an imperfection…Shh!), a frosting is the perfect solution.
Plus frostings are quick and easy, making them ideal for last minute cravings. :) Just whip this up and top your favorite gluten-free or Keto muffins, loafs, or whatever else strikes your fancy.
Gluten-free, Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Confectionary Swerve (or powdered erythritol), additional to taste
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (no added sugar)
- With mixer, cream together cream cheese and butter until well combined and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in the Confectionary Swerve and vanilla until incorporated.
- Taste test the frosting, adding additional Confectionary Swerve to preference.
- Then beat on high until fluffy, roughly 2-3 minutes.
- With spatula, spread the frosting on desired baked goods.
- Store remains in airtight container in fridge, bringing to room temperature before using.