In need of a quick holiday sweet treat everyone will enjoy? BOOM—chocolate peppermint bark! These are easy, easy, easy to make, and yet still somewhat impressive looking.
How is it already mid-December? Time is flying and as always I want it to slow down. I LOVE this time of year. I love the stories, the decor, the music, the influx of goodwill, and Christmas parties! More specifically Christmas parties with tasty goodies.
The only downside is that not everyone is comfortable preparing items that are allergen-friendly, which leads some people (like moi) to drooling over the spread instead of being able to enjoy it. Luckily this chocolate peppermint bark is gluten-free and vegan!
As someone with some dietary preferences there is nothing better than seeing a little sign next to food at a party specifying that an item is gluten-free or dairy-free or both or more! It really is the little things in life.
Make someone’s day by serving up a little allergen-friendly love this Christmas season made with a quintessential Christmas candy!
GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT BARK
- 1 (8 oz) bag of vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 tsp peppermint extract
- 5-6 candy canes, coarsely crushed
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler, gently stirring until completely smooth.
- Stir in peppermint extract.
- Pour chocolate onto prepared baking sheet and spread evenly with spatula.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes across chocolate and gently press in.
- Freeze until chocolate has hardened, roughly 8 minutes.
- Break into pieces and serve.
- Store in freezer.