Lavender Bath Salt
It’s only Tuesday but I am already ready for a little “me time!"
I have always loved long baths. But just any ole plain baths. Baths filled with muscle-soothing, moisturizing, and aromatic bath salts!
Balt salt is one of the easiest DIYs. All it takes is a handful of Epsom salt to soothe tired muscles and stiff joints, a few drops of essential oil to promote relaxation, some moisturizing oil, and a sprinkle of dried lavender for looks, to make it happen.
The dried lavender is purely for looks and fragrance, but adds a refined, spa-like detail especially if you’ll be giving batches of bath salts for gifts.
Next time you want to “Treat Yo Self” to a little pampering, just whip up a batch of lavender bath salts and spend the evening relaxing in a scented, warm bath!
Note: If you have any health concerns, be sure to talk to your doctor before using essential oils.
DIY: LAVENDER BATH SALT
- 3 cups Epsom salt
- 3 tbsp almond oil
- 10-15 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried lavender
- 1-2 drops food coloring (optional)*
- In a medium glass mixing bowl, combine Epsom salt and oil of choice. Mix well.
- Add essential oil drops (and food coloring, optional) and mix again.
- Toss in the dried lavender, saving some to top batches with.
- Divide and store in airtight containers, stirring well before each use as the oil will settle at the base of the jar.
- Add 1/4 - 3/4 cup per bath depending on amount of water, allowing the salt to fully dissolve in the warm water before enjoying!
*Food coloring will add a slight tint to the bath salts.