Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake
Mmm chocolate cake! If I had to choose one type of cake to eat forever, it would be chocolate, preferably with some praline between the layers. Either way, chocolate is king!
Moist and decadent with its rich chocolate brown color, this will be your go-to chocolate cake recipe. Did I mention it is gluten AND dairy free? Well it is and no one will be able to tell a difference.
Of all the chocolate cake recipes I have made, this is the chocolaty-ist. I paired it with a simply cream cheese icing for a recent birthday celebration, but it is also amazing with some raspberries, just saying!!
GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE
yields: Two 9-inch round pans
- 3 cups gluten-free flour
- If your flour blend does not include xantham gum, add 1 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking soda
- 10 tbsp oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch round pans.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, sugar, salt, baking soda and xantham gum.
- In a separate bowl, add oil, vinegar, vanilla, eggs and water. Mix until well combined.
- Pour half the batter into one pan and the remaining half in the second pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 3-5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before frosting.